The first thing to think about is your brief. Is there a job description? If not, no problem.
Here are some of the details to think about as the hiring client.
- Deliverables. What are the deliverables for this assignment?
- Timescales. What timetable are you working to?
- Skillset. What particular skills are essential or desired for this assignment?
- Sector experience. Does the brief require particular sector experience? Be aware that most consultants are highly adaptable and their skills are transferable.
- Budget. Do you have a fixed budget or do you need some advice?
- Travel. Is there any travel in the UK or overseas?